REIC - The International competition has concerned the formulation of a “Concept Design” for the Urban Planning of a new city including a sophisticated and detailed architectural design. The new city will span over a 788 hectares land comprised in the wider Ha Long Ecological-Cultural Special Zone, part of the Ha Long Bay, UNESCO Natural World Heritage.
The greatest design challenge faced by the project has been the process of focusing on the vision of an “urban identity” for the new city, consistent with its “mission” of a city, environmentally compatible and to be perfectly integrated within the landscape of the Ha Long Bay while industriously dedicated to tourism & trade activities, respectful and interested in the promotion of the exceptional characteristics of the surrounding nature, of the local culture and traditions.
Within this contest, the urban planning and architectural solutions respond to the following sustainable design criteria:
- Zero energy (self-sufficient in renewable power)
- Zero carbon
- Zero waste (the “000” strategy)
The success obtained in this difficult and fascinating challenge has been the result of many strategies:
1. Respect for the uniqueness of the Ha Long Bay ‘s landscape
2. Modern new interpretation of the identity and local construction knowledge
The project won the International competition because it creates a combination between:
- Architecture and landscape: Modern architecture in harmony with local landscape.
- Tradition and innovation: Traditional building techniques and highly advanced technological solutions.
- Sustainable and economic development. The choice of environmental strategies proposes one balanced Vietnam‘s urban development based on the respect of natural resources and beauty.
Source: T-Studio | Architizer
Post a Comment